29/05/2015

Review: MANGA CLASSICS: Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen, Po Tse, Stacy King

Hi!!
I got a copy of this book via Netgalley for free in an exchange for an honest review, so here's my review on this manga!
Thank you Udon Entertainment!
P.S. Sorry to all of my portuguese viewers, but I will talk about this book on my May Wrap-Up video.



Title: MANGA CLASSICS: Pride and Prejudice
Writer: Jane Austen, Po Tse, Stacy King
Published by: Udon Entertainment
Pages: 377

Summary: Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold, new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King.












Buy the book here!

This was my first attempt to read a manga and I enjoyed it. In the beginning, reading from the end to the beginning and from the right to the left was hard but after a couple of minutes, it wasn't a big deal.

I've read the actual 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen and I love that book, so it wasn't surprising that this year I was wanting to read it again. When I saw this manga on Netgalley, I though it was a great way to reread the story but in a much  faster way.

I really liked Po Tse's illustrations! They were elegant and sophisticated which gave a nice touch to the book and to the story. But I would have preferred if they had colors, because I think the black and white illustrations didn't helped readers understand and enjoy this manga at its full potential.

And I have two other complaints to make about the way that the manga was made.
First, I didn't like that the story was going by so fast. Some scenes weren't making sense because we were at a scene and then another scene would start, even though that didn't made sense to the story line, and in the actual book that scene would only start 40 pages after the last scene.
And the second complain is that even though I liked Po Tse's illustrations, sometimes I found them really dramatic, because they were so exaggerated and I din't like that aspect. The illustrations were really elegant as I've already said  but the exaggeration in them, made them look a bit strange... at least for me. 

But over all this was a fantastic way to remember the brilliant book I've read by Jane Austen and I enjoyed it.


I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads, because I enjoyed this manga but it wasn't fantastic.

And I recommend this book to the people that have read the actual book but not to those who haven't read it because I'm afraid that if someone who hasn't read 'Pride and Prejudice' dislikes this manga they will not read the book that Jane Austen wrote because of that.

This was my completely honest opinion and I hope you liked it!
Bye, Ana.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário